It's June, that's June in the summer, not to be confused with any other Junes you may be aware of. That's June when it's the last term of school and it's so hot you can't work or revise, but just gaze outside at the fields, June when your garden looks inviting and June when people fly away on holidays. Not June when I go for a run in the woods and my fingers turn white and it's so cold I need gloves (but didn't wear them..again!!!) Of course, it might just be my fingers, they're not great in anything other than proper warm weather (or gloves), but I didn't fancy gloves this morning. It looked warm to me.
Airport perimeter run this morning. I think I gave this route this name...everyone uses it, though such a small part of it passes down along the top end of R2 and there's a kind of track I imagine goes all the way round. It doesn't, but for a brief moment you feel like you're running around the whole airport. The planes are real close here. A bit like buses, nothing for ages, then 3 turn up at once. When I'm in one, I look out, to see where I run and if there's anyone I know. When I'm out, it's hard to look in. You just imagine.
It's quiet this time in the morning. A few dog walkers, very few runners and an empty carpark. I like it. Quite private. Yes, the planes can be a bit noisy, but a few turns and you're deep in the vegetation, that thin strip of woodland you see from the sky above that makes you wonder how you can seem so lost and alone when you're hidden underneath the tree canopy.
Trip to Sweden for me tonight. Running shoes packed - check.
It's quiet this time in the morning. A few dog walkers, very few runners and an empty carpark. I like it. Quite private. Yes, the planes can be a bit noisy, but a few turns and you're deep in the vegetation, that thin strip of woodland you see from the sky above that makes you wonder how you can seem so lost and alone when you're hidden underneath the tree canopy.
Trip to Sweden for me tonight. Running shoes packed - check.