Thursday, 23 June 2011

It's Honest

This is me. This is who I am. I painted this. My first dip into something new I think I enjoy. I've always felt I have a little bit of talent, but never sure what it is or how to let it out. Never really been good at anything to the point that other people would notice, in the way you notice and admire talent in others. Never felt I have much to offer. I don't think I'm a good runner, but I can run. Not really a talent. My passion, yes, but nothing to bragg about. But I'm a thinker. I have ideas, some of these are visual and I feel a need to let them out.

My mum is creative and has artistic talent...and I've always fancied having a go at painting. But I've been scared, scared of taking the plunge, scared of failure, scared it won't work out... procrastination! That's how I am. A confidence thing. I need a shove, please. So with a fair dollop of significant 'just do it' support, I have. Thank you. My stuff's not great, taken from modified photo's, some of which I've needed a lot of help with, but it's a start. Running images have been most of my themes. And I have a few new ideas I want to work on. Shadows is to be my next project...if I can just sum up the enthusiasm...which unfortunately is at an all time low right now. I need to pick it up, for this weekend I have been booked on a days Art Course. Excited and very nervous. Excited because hopefully I'll learn some new stuff...nervous because I fear I may be exposed as the fraud I sometimes think I am. I believe I am not. Running is a little like this...there is nowhere to hide.

This evening I was asked 'who am I'. It seems I don't know!