A fun day today. Sort of sport based, but this time with Jonnie P3acock, 100m and 200m London Paralympic sprinter. Still based on the big Oscar Pistorius stories, but we were invited down to ITV Daybreak with Christine and the other dude whose name I don't know, to talk about sporting prosthetics. A curious programme. Sort of 'news lite'. It's like news, but not news but lightheartedly factual. It was an extraordinarily early morning, I got picked up in a Toyota Prius, the pretend eco car.
Never mind any of that, the issue with this car confirmed the fact that I'm anally obsessive about rattles and creaks in a car. And a silent car is my worse fear. Sure, there was no engine sound, but everything else could be heard loud and clear. It confirms my belief that cars need characterful shouty engines, 6 cylinders or more! I like doing the TV stuff, much like I like to present. I know you get nervous and all that kind of thing, but what is better than talking about something you're passionate about to someone who wants to listen? Well actually, it's also a joy to listen to someone who is telling you something about something they are passionate about. Listening is a very important skill. Anyway, here is the interview. Word of the day 'contraptions'. Nice.
Highlight of the day was my fine breakfast with good colleague Mr J. By the time our interview was done, I was back on the street and it was still only 7.30am. PJ arranged to meet at the Regency Cafe in Pimlico. Google it and read the reviews. It's a proper caff if ever there was one. Gingham table clothes, canteen layout, full of locals of all descriptions, a shouty lady, and excellent quality food and coffee. A no nonsense proper London Cafe. It's brilliant. PJ and I discussed the weekends events, read the papers, enjoyed excellent grilled tomatoes and made great plans for the future! A truly wonderful experience...a simple breakfast.
A very significantly delayed train journey home meant I camped out at Peyton & Byrnes across the road from Euston Station. This (is rapidly turning into a cake blog) is where I found my cakey salvation for the day. I like it here. Just across the road away from the hustle and bustle of the station, they have great cakes and apparently free wifi! Apple and blackcurrnt flapjack. I arrived home very late, having already decided not to run as I had a physio apointment. Alarm set...morning run tomorrow. Hills or Flat? Lucky to have the choice :-)