It was indeed a lovely sunny morning, and I fully intended to haul myself out of bed and go for a run. I still need an early sunny morning to get a photo for my painting project. I know where it needs to be and how I need to do it. Just need the opportunity. However, no running or photo's. The lovely morning soon darkened as work approached, a day consigned to the grey indoors, looking out at the blue skies. A tedious day, but an invite to run from James whom I've not seen for a week or two. I readily accept.
Out along the Bollin towards Prestbury and he speaks of a run he took at the weekend that requires some further exploration. A footpath diversion has thrown a spanner in the works, but this looks like an adventure waiting to happen on our doorstep. I'm still amazed at places I can discover in an area I'd consider I know well. I'm rarely a passenger in a car, but when I am, I'm scanning the hedges for footpath signs previously unnoticed. Running around, always in the back of my mind. James seems to have a new vest. Hard to ignore, almost as bright as the sun. I choose not to comment., It's a good run, but as always, he needs the stats. "What's the pace?" he asks. "It's fine", I reply. Ha ha, he speeds up. Damn it!