Sunday, 17 April 2011

Shades of Blue

Well, I did run today, thanks! :-) No one to tell me I couldn't, I ran and I ran well and enjoyed every minute. Having been dis-invited on the trip to Anglesey, there was only one thing to do on a glorious morning like this, and this was to explore the local woods and beyond. Wonderful. The bluebells are out, thick lush carpets of...err...blue! Or is it blue, and was reminded of an earlier discussion about the true colour of bluebells in our woods. No matter, they were a stunning scene overlaid with the deep pungent aroma of wild garlic. Nice. To be honest, there was probably too many people around...earlier would be better, but then you miss the heat of the morning. Clearly the weather brings all sorts of people out, the local park resembling something like a Mexican carnival at times.



The warmer weather is beautiful, but the 'others' are proving troublesome. Time to look further afield.  Some of the trails up on the Edge are quieter. Out here, livestock, things falling out of trees, floods and other outdoor greatness all await. It takes effort to get there, but when you do, it's worth it.

Not sure what this weeks running will entail..let's see.