| Passing wall |
Sitting on the train gazing out of the window dreaming of better things. I just want to run, but can't. Not injured, I tell myself...just a niggle, but a niggle that demands rest. My calf. Hurts. Not alone in this respect. Opportunity outside in the country, if you want it, there to be found. It's there. This tiny island offers so much...just take it. Anyway, that's gazing our of windows for you!
| Passing field |
My trusty iPhone keeps me company, simultaneously in touch with the the world, music in my ears and an opportunity to capture images to fuel my thoughts. Some blurry, some sharp, but all building a strong image of what I want and how I want to proceed. I have options for running this weekend. Some inviting, others not. But the issue is to protect the injured. To test, but not to push.
Not running is like a punishment. Injury sucks. Everyone who runs and 'gets it' gets this! You are robbed of your desire, your passion, your fix. So yes, I become all mournful, full of reflection and over analysis, some would say. But you know what I mean. Everything you see, represents a chance, an opportunity missed. To rub salt into the wounds, I went to watch Pete run.
| Passing me |
It was not perfect, far from it, not how I wanted it to be, but here I share it. I watched him run past, the silent pitter patter of feet, disguising the emotional turmoil that I know radiates from within. But what a day, such a stunning day. Not running around in this wonderful venue, on this wonderful day...so wrong and not fair. So here I sit, in my nest, (I'm away) having packed my running shoes. Today I am far away, too far, but there is loose talk of a morning run. It's cold and raining and there has been drinking of alcohol infused liquid icecream (what a taste) . I will be there...even if the others don't join me.
I won't be alone.
7 for 7.15, for tomorrow we run.