Spent an interesting afternoon at the velodrome yesterday. I don't really know much about cycling, but I know we work with a guy who does. Visit him here - Jody Cundy. It's such a tactical and explosive sport, where winning and loosing is covered by the smallest increments you can imagine. We made Jody's prosthesis, yet in the SCCU Track Meeting yesterday, you'd forget any of that...the racing was spectacular. It was a great day out on many levels and new found appreciation of another sport where the passion and dedication are high. Good muffins, too. Once again the trusty iPhone came out and has rewarded me some stunning abstract photo's. I think I need to paint these up. There's something just so wierd about how one part of these photos can be so clear, yet the rest is bizzarely blurred with swoopy speed lines. Stood at the top of the curve with all the other guys and girls and their big lens and me engaging in some serious iPhone panning.
Had an interesting run today. Alderley Edge, but along the railway line, up Artists Lane, across in to the woods and down the other side. Aside from painful legs and still coughing up chunks, there was some honest sweat enjoyed in the morning sunshine. Home to a minor domestic project to keep me busy...awesome Banana Bread. '3 Slices' Stock, as he shall now be known, came round to distract me and tempt me away to admire his new wheels. I'm pleased to report that they are round and shiny. He's a happy man.