Wednesday, 10 August 2016

Unzipped

My shorts are held up with a piece of string today. Not sporting shorts, but a pair of my favourite 'day' shorts. I'm not sure what I mean by a 'day short', but they are just normal shorts. Favourites, though. The button has long since gone, so they've been kind of hanging on my bony hips and essentially relying on the zip. And luck. And the both broke today. I was out, literally got caught with my pants down and no way of repairing them. Until I found some random string...and this had to last the afternoon until I got home, the home I was locked out of.

The day didn't start much better, to be fair, but what's a man to do? ... stay away from children, basically. I looked like I was either interfering with myself or about to expose myself as I clutched desperately to hold everything together and up. And so I have had to say goodbye to another piece of my history. Shorts that I have loved and lost. I haven't run today, but I have been for a walk, motivated by the day's lack of steps. But I did run last night. It was a grumbly evening, the weather warm, but occasionally wet, threatening a storm.

Chris and I witnessed a very dramatic sinking sun, up at Teggs Nose. We both discussed how it would be nice to share such a sight with someone who cared, or was vaguely interested. Neither of us bothered to take a photo, we just went home. My feet ache today, which is why I haven't run, so my walk was actually nothing to do with getting my steps in, it was focused on M&S Triple Belgium Chocolate Cookies and a bottle of red. Not a celebration. Just a need. It's warm, but raining...and the matching cyclers are out!