In an attempt to explore the concept of locating something muscular within the tendon and ligamentous connections that hold my joints together, I was at the gym a fair bit, working my 'upper body' while my heel repaired these past few months. I have runners arms, according to Pete. So it seems I got some kind of repetitive strain injury in my right elbow as a result of my work outs! That was a while ago, and it still hurts, hence a visit to Wayne on Thursday. Obviously, it's 'Tennis Elbow', or Epicodylitis as we like to say in the car.
But Wayne wasn't sure, stating a fool proof diagnosis is an inability to lift a kettle. He asked repeatedly if this was the case as he manipulated, prodded and probed, and although I could quite clearly recall much daily boiling of the kettle, I couldn't confirm any impairment or pain. So, he wasn't convinced, unable to offer a diagnosis or treatment...and probed further. It was an inconclusive session, other than the payment, it could be this or that, he suggested, but left me wondering if my arm was about to drop off...or worse.
The short session made time for a calf massage, which left me feeling very spritely for what turned out to be wonderfully chaotic Thursday evening run. There were raised voices, pointing and running in opposite directions, stopping, starting, falling...and plenty sniggering at the nonsense of it all. Running, I think, has contributed to my elbow pain and it was quite sore when I got home, I immediately put the kettle on for a brew and couldn't help but notice I used my left hand, as indeed I always do! I was parkrun RD again today. No mojo for my own run this morning.


