Friday, 21 August 2015

It's Almost the Weekend

I've had to stop wearing my trail shoes, and consequently took a run this morning in an old pair of road shoes, and went over on my ankle as I was crossing The Carrs. It's an amusing tirade of emotions that follow in the next 2 to 3 steps as you realise what you've done, are affected by what you've done, realise why you've done it, recognise how you could have avoided it and find someone to blame. This was summarised as an exasperated and agitated clearly audible and effectively projected "fuuuuuck", followed by a moments self pity.

 

Aside from this, it was a good run this morning. I'm in no hurry for the weekend to arrive, so took my time and picked a route full of things and places I like to see. Curiously, one of them was the sewer pipe that crosses the Bollin. Hmmm, anyway! And then round by the Church, I've noticed in the past few weeks how the walls seems to be leaning alarmingly, or rather leaning amazingly, so much so on occasion I've almost been moved to photograph it. It seems I've missed that moment as this morning the entire section of wall is in the road.

 

I was also slightly entertained by a newish sign placed by a small gap in the hedge at the back of the Rugby Club, where the running club track is. "Members only" it says. It just seemed very 'Rugby Club'. As signs go, to guide the wayward, it seemed a little unnecessary. Not so much helpful and informative, but more reminding you of your place! I'm not sure what my activity plans are for the weekend. The weather looks 'engaging', shall we say. Hot, sunny and a few yellow zigzags with a red triangle. However, the weather is the least of it.