"I'm the sort of person who knows where sun rises two weeks from now" she said! I must say, I was a little miffed at finding someone else up there this morning. It was as much as I could do to mutter "is this the spot then?" as she was poised with a large tripod and a small camera as the sun was just about to make its debut. Except it wasn't. The sweet spot up at The Edge this time of year and on a morning like this, is just round the corner, through the slammy gate and to where the rabbits roam.
Getting there was fun. A reasonable frost last night and the ground was full of characterful noises. Snap, crackle and pop...almost. Certainly a crunch, a veritable smorgasbord of breakfast cereal sound effects, I thought. Chilly too. Double socks and meggins. Nuff said. But there was something very satisfying about every footstep through the grass and up on the trail. Kind of colourful too, in a monotone kind kind of way. I like a morning like this. You can't plan it. It just happens...if you make the effort to be there!

