Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Just Another Day

Everything looked great this morning. The Carrs were devoid of people, and more importantly dogs...I got growled at yesterday, but it's ok, I was cool and hardly flinched at all, and certainly no one heard me squeal...but there was something on my mind. And it seems the planes are taking off in a different direction...signalling change. Ah yes...change! Now I remember. A few steady runs these past mornings and simply enjoying being up and out. That's the appointment.

Sunday I ran at the Rhyl Run Fest, or whatever it was called. A long way to go for a 5k, while the others chose 10k or a half to try and get the points they need in the multiplier. I had tea to drink and bacon products to choose, while they grafted. It was a curious event, 5k and 10k setting off together. I had to run hard, against instinct keeping ahead of the big boys who were doing the 10k. I did good. A couple of days later and I'd have got a vets 1st placing. Yes...my last day today in my 40's. Shit !