To be lost is probably more of an emotional state than any real threat of not making it home for dinner. Lost is something you felt as a child, that time your parents left you in the supermarket. More a sense of abandonment, left behind and now not sure which way to turn. It's a desperate feeling. As adults, and of course a man, lost is something that never happens...does it? Just a journey that wasn't in the plan. A different direction, perhaps.
And I'd never admit to going the wrong way, it's the right way, just not the way you'd think. The other day on a run I came across one of those hand made signs, laminated A4 sized, cellotaped to a wooden post, it's faded message read 'no sat nav get lost'. Clearly a story there, I thought, though actually was more thinking about its fit for purposeness. A light breeze and its history, 'Get Lost'. A threat and threatening. I'm not sure I've ever been lost, but at times have felt it.

