I washed my car the other day! Yup, I appreciate it's not headline news, but it was a bit of a job. Ordinarily, I'd do this once a week. Little and often my dad would say. I'm not obsessive (much) I just like to wash a car, any car, and frankly would rather be outside doing something than inside doing nothing. I don't care if it rains, or if I drive and it gets dirty, it doesn't matter, it's not the point. Thing is, I've not washed this one since October and every now and again it'd catch my eye. I'd think I need to do somethig about that, but not now.
It's going to take a while to do it properly, so I'll do it another time! Procrastination you may say. Possibly. Besides, part of me was kind of liking the Rally Slag look. A project, then! And that's how I approached it. And once done, I felt kind of satisfied and needed to really share the experience. No one interested. Same with my feet, but this was met with quite a different reaction! It's been really wet and every time I've come home my feet are wet beyond wet and ingrained in mud and tape adhesive. Trail running is brilliant right now. Muck and filth everywhere.
And so when I stand in the shower and look down, way down at my feet, they're not pretty. I mean I clean them, but I look at them and think, like the car, they need a good going over, but not right now, I've not really time. I need to do these properly. A project. Again, that moment was this week, 'bath night' to be precise. And like the car, I was kind of satisfied with my efforts and felt the need to share. Now they listen! But it seems I've breached a threshold of what's socially acceptable. Looks of disgust. It can't just be me?
It's going to take a while to do it properly, so I'll do it another time! Procrastination you may say. Possibly. Besides, part of me was kind of liking the Rally Slag look. A project, then! And that's how I approached it. And once done, I felt kind of satisfied and needed to really share the experience. No one interested. Same with my feet, but this was met with quite a different reaction! It's been really wet and every time I've come home my feet are wet beyond wet and ingrained in mud and tape adhesive. Trail running is brilliant right now. Muck and filth everywhere.
And so when I stand in the shower and look down, way down at my feet, they're not pretty. I mean I clean them, but I look at them and think, like the car, they need a good going over, but not right now, I've not really time. I need to do these properly. A project. Again, that moment was this week, 'bath night' to be precise. And like the car, I was kind of satisfied with my efforts and felt the need to share. Now they listen! But it seems I've breached a threshold of what's socially acceptable. Looks of disgust. It can't just be me?


