Monday, 31 December 2012

Plan and Review

I'm reading and hearing much about concluding statements to the years running around. Stats, numbers, and of course great promises for next year. Objectives, aims and so on. I can understand it, but have nothing myself to report or offer that will satisfy the number munchers. 

2012 was alright! I ran around a lot. Plenty of races, even got a PB. But I've got some scars, literally, a better story than the numbers. And I have memories of great adventures, trips far away, discovering new routes on my own door step, revisiting places I love and know but letting the great outdoors present them to me as a new and fresh experience...each and every time...and sharing these with my mates, my shadow, that monkey on my back, that voice in my head...and you! 

I read a great quote this year that sums it all up very nicely; "You never feel worse after a run". OK, there may need to be some clarification for exactly when after a run this statement holds true, but in essence you get what it means. 

2012 started with a 6 week running ban after injury. This photo was taken after my first run back to recovery, a miserable 3km road run in the rain and dark. I couldn't have been happier! I simply hope 2013 brings more of the same; enjoyable and challenging running around.

Happy New Year