"That can't be right" James says, looking at his watch. It's been a good week of running around for me, in relative terms. Under instruction, nothing too ambitious, my shin has been trouble free. Another run on Wednesday followed by circuits then a massage from Wayne. All good. More instructions to step it up a little, so managed the full RunClub Thursday nighter. Almost 9 miles at 7.00 average pace. Not easy, but pleased and no reaction from my shin. Progress. Rest yesterday and a cunning plan from James for this morning.
'James - 14 weeks to London', offered an early start, light jog to the by-pass then a quick 5k and a jog back. Simples. Nothing heavy, he said, 6.30 pace should be fine. Fine...strewth! So at 7.30am we arrived at the end of the by-pass, warmed, stretched, coiled and ready to lunge into the charm and delights of an unlit road. Shin was fine, but I was hurting, heart and lungs bursting with everything I'd got. 20.23. James wasn't happy, still studying his watch. It's all I had, but I suspect he had more. A few steady days for me now. Sunny tomorrow.