Friday, 3 August 2012

Recovery

A new gate greeted me at the top entrance to The Carrs yesterday morning. How long has this been here? Well, as I ran through the park and out into the woods, I figured it could be any time in the past month as the last time I was here was on my birthday, a full calendar month since. And the longer I ran, I also figured that this was the first time I'd been out running without combatants by my side, times to chase or a point to prove. It must be why I enjoyed it so much. The wet summer means the paths are under threat from the lush greenery. Perhaps you don't notice if you come here everyday.

There's not been much analysis of Thunder Run. Pete took his symptoms of poor performance to the Dr's...who diagnosed Shingles. As excuses go...that's impressive. I'm going to get a note from my mum!