Today I said goodbye to some of the Paralympic athletes. This week, they go to Team GB holding camp in Portugal. For everyone else, talk has been about the closing ceremony last night, the end of the Games. Not these guys, they chose a quieter way to spend the evening. Their journey is beginning, not ending, though really it's simply the last chapter of another 4 year cycle. Today, final handover of equipment, spares and tools, just in case. Race pimped prosthetics...expectations are high.
So, the Olympics are over and I, like many, have become an expert in many things sport related. Us armchair critics have been united in applauding this spectacle of sport. The Olympics have been most excellent and for once, odd as it seems to articulate this publicly through fear of sounding all 'National Front', I've felt so very proud to be British. But it's not over yet, there's a tangible momentum for the Paralympics already. The Olympic Games will be a tough act to follow!
