Monday, 20 August 2012

Fewer Excuses, More Hard Work

I didn't get to run over the weekend. Actually, that's not really true. I didn't choose to run, put it that way. I talked about running with a mate I used to work with and shared our respective enthusiasm and passion for sports we love, I listened to Pete who has announced a temporary withdrawal from competitive sport while he focuses on work, allowing him to rejoin the social running scene, James and I perpetually postponed our good intention to have a social run to the woods until late in to Sunday evening when we both conceded a scheduling defeat, and I watched the others go racing as I leaned energetically on a garden implement to wave them off...twice. I didn't run. I don't know why. Chris does, and offers his pragmatic advice! The evening sky was amazing though, so I looked at that...for quite a while...and had a think. Today, I run!