A good week of running around, I think. Extended out towards the airport perimeter route on Thursday evening. The sun was out, there were shadows, the smell of fresh wild garlic and something seems to have sprouted from within the airport runways...a large concrete tube. That needs investigating. Later. Thursday was, of course, the day after the Chester Spring 5, so my legs weren't feeling that fresh, to be fair. Knackered, actually, but it was great to be out that way again and a 9 miler under my belt.
I fully intended to run on Friday, but can't for the life of me recall why I didn't. I think I essentially failed to get out of bed in time. And likewise on Saturday, but another interesting 9 miler with James and a rather vivid orange top. I reference this because we seemed to attract trouble with every corner turned. A massive dog chased us down the road, then some aggressive geese had us both clutching our handbags as we tried to make haste, then we ran into trouble on the local golf course.
James is a man of opinion. Opinionated, but not in a bad way. He spent much of the run venting about the new 'Town Plan' the Council has just published. He had a thing or two to say about that. And while I agreed, I comprehensively failed to articulate any of my views for the remainder of the run. With every 'and another thing...' came another increase in pace. Good run though. And this morning I dragged myself up to and around The Edge, this time running from home, rather than driving up which I've had to do of late.
I pushed it through to the Hare Hill Estate, failing to find a good reason why I wouldn't, over the top and down the other side to run along the railway line. It was raining, 'that fine rain'! Still, not too cold to stop here and there and take in the views, such as they were. The cloud was low and dark. A few runners out on this Easter Sunday, but very quite and peaceful. With 13 miles to add to my tally this takes my weekly total to 39 miles. Significantly more than the 10%/week increase, but hey.



