So robust was my state of my mind after the Nationals on Saturday, I awoke on Sunday morning determined to have a pop at the Lymm Runners High Legh 10K. A small matter of 'race full - entries closed' was dealt with efficiently after a text or two, and I was in, 11.00am start. Ahhh, the leafy back lanes of Cheshire, such a contrast to Saturday. See this photo, what you're looking at is a carefully wedged shim stabilising the best appointed portaloo I've been in. Nothing but the best for the Cheshire Set! Yet on Saturday, there I was minding my own business standing in line for a portaloo, when some bloke yells 'come on you pussies, what you standing on ceremony for, getting pissing up the wall', which he duly does. I have to admit though, once in, he may have had a point. He probably experienced less ignominy than I did, but we've all been there! Anyway, it was a 400 strong crowd at High Legh and I took it easy, coming in at 51 mins, but more importantly with an ankle that seems to be feeling ok. Considering I wasn't sure if I was going to run at all on Saturday, to have finished the weekend with the National Cross Country Championships and a 10K road race under my belt, I should be quite thankful I've come out of it unscathed...I hope! I certainly have aches and pains. Despite trying to keep fitness up on the spin bike, it's no substitute for running. The sun was shining, though fresh, and it was a great feeling to run in a race where you've decided you're not going to race, if that makes sense. Sort of liberating. Taking it steady this week.
