Saturday, 11 February 2012

A Tidy Mind

It's a bit of a distraction having Rachel Allen as your house guest on a Saturday morning. I could have turned over of course, or even got on with what I was doing. But really, what's a man to do? It was the last in the Manchester XC race series today. Race Five Clayton Vale. The going was 'firm to crisp'. Obviously I wasn't there, I stayed at home and cleansed my mind. Actually, I was having a cable tidy, which amounts to the same thing; a thin veneer of normality on the outside, chaos within. So behind the sofa I went. A little OCD, but this has been bugging me for a while, it needed sorting. I essentially disconnected everything and stared again. Mans work. In my haste I unintentionally bundled the hoover power lead with the other cables. I did wonder briefly if this was in any way useful, but had to concede, it was not. Job done, tidy cables and finally a mind at rest...other than Mrs Allen and her sticky nougat!