You'd think I'd learn. Fridays and the M6 North don't mix. Even leaving Wales at lunchtime still results in spending most of the evening stationary around Stafford and Stoke. It was one of those days yesterday, quite spectacular light and an impressive sunset to finish. Lots of time to stick my trusty iPhone out of the window. These past few weeks I've figured that I don't do much if I'm not running. On Friday, I had no occasion to even take a walk. All day in the car or sat in a meeting. Yet when I got home, I was bushed and longed for a bath. Unfortunately I learnt that our drains were blocked and spilling over, so that kind of took the edge off the day. 'Rodding' - mans work. It's a relief, literally, to flush again!
Tomorrow, I've blagged my way into another 'full' race, The Cloud Nine Hill Race, by Congleton Harriers. It's the first of the WRC Summer Series and seemingly FRA regulations apply tomorrow. So now there is the question of what to pack. I know what to pack, but not to what level. And I'm not great with a bum bag! I can't be doing with things rattling or bouncing around, and anything too tight causes bladder (i.e. age) related issues. That might sound a little precious, but it simply needs to be right. So then there's the issue of finding the right bag, and that, I'm afraid, has been the focus of the day. Can I really be having a bum bag dilemma? That's not really mans work, is it!
