Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Running around...and around...and around some more

Was proper up for a run yesterday... and was denied by my date. Not an interesting story, but a long drive home, wasn't long enough and therefore still time for me to attend a runclub training session. It's complex for me to describe the emotions I have for going to runclub, but recent Bramhall form indicates a slide in fitness and combined with my run date anticlimax..I went along. I've blogged on training before. Hate it...kind of. It's hard, focused, not fun...but helps with fitness. I've been in a situation where I've lost fitness due to injury. It's like you've been robbed of something very precious.



And it's hard to feel your fitness slip away...even harder to get it back. I understand. So, am I injured? Well actually I did have physio on my neck yesterday. That was interesting and somewhat painful. And I have exercises to do! Something fun looking called the 'Scapula Pinch'...think ski jumping. But that's not why my form has slipped...emotionally injured, sounds dramatic, but true. Training was, predictably, hard last night. We were literally running around in circles. And around and around, cheered on by a local Scout group. When I say 'cheered', I'll give them benefit of the doubt, they were certainly shouting something!