
Couldn't actually decide much this morning, other than I really did want to run. Though I had that same feeling last night also, got changed and eveything, but then just couldn't summon the effort. Well, I wasn't doing that again, unless I went to work in my running gear so decided I had to go out. Only made it as far as the Mill though. Nonetheless, got hot and sweaty. No one around, everywhere quiet, carparks empty, not many dog walkers, just a few squirrels and a few shy early morning flowers.

It was curiously misty down in the Carrs, warm but damp, but as the minutes ticked by the sun burnt it off and the blue skies appeared. Garmin flat...don't how far, how long or how fast...doesn't really matter. I do acknowledge I need to get familiar with my pace again. I seem to have forgotten how to run at a tempo and hold that with a degree of self belief. But look...more flowers to photo. Got home, even managed to do a reasonable stretch routine. Caught sight of myself in the mirror...good bug splatters, but not sure I contributed much to the combined collision speed.
I need cake, seriously!