Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Nothing to Show For It

I'm not obsessive about my running stats. Honestly, I'm not. But having charged my Garmin, remembered to wear it and remembered to locate my satellites, it comes as somewhat of a disappointment when I finish my run to discover that I've not stopped my timer, but started it. I think aside from this, this is more about me not having anything to show for my run on my blog. I forgot my phone, so also have no photo's either. Not really a great formula for a riveting or entertaining read.


Nothing to see here...


I'm certainly a visual person. I like to create an image with my words, but better to have an actual image support them. Yet here I have nothing. There's nothing to see here, as Obi Wan once said. I could tell you I ran to Alderley Edge with the intention of running up to the Wizard, but as I went through the fields, that being the long and scenic way round, by the time I got to the bottom of the hill, I was done for, so simply headed for home. A good 8 miles or more, but not the Wizard run I had promised.

8 seconds, no distance covered = stood in quiet disbelief that I failed to start my watch!