
It was that question again...lie in bed or get up and run? And if to run, where to go...and why? No real answer to any of these, then it has to be Park Run on a Saturday morning. To get straight to the point, I should have stayed in bed as I think that is where the most benefit of the day would have been made. Still couldn't find my bar code, couldn't get into one of the cars as it seems the battery is flat...I should have read the early signs of the morning. But this time, I did arrive nice and early and had a good gentle warm up, nice and sweaty for the start. For the first lap, I felt good, unlike last week, where I was very pre-occupied, though my mind is still stirring from being here last week on my birthday.

But then, I just completely lost my mental resolve. This was the closest I've been to pulling out of a run. It was all I could do to not be stop and walk. The daemons were sitting heavy on my shoulder, taunting me. Three times I very nearly did just that, not even the will to carry on a jog. But I did...and got my lowest time for over a year. Why is this, I ask? I'm convinced it's down to my mental strength today. Or was it physical? Which is worse, easier to repair or fix? Anyway, I bombed, and now I'm in super reflective mood.

What I did conclude is this...the Hot Chocolate here is actually hot, a not unreasonable pre-requisite, if taken in a take-out cup, rather than poured into a cold mug. That and the much improved toasted tea cake, made for a reasonable breakfast, I thought, sitting in a familiar part of the Park listening to a man trying to reason with his daughter that in fact he was her father, despite her protestations (let me be your father, I was thinking), and watching the ducks chase bread...or certainly demonstrating huge anticipation of bread. So there we are. Not a great morning of running around, I must say. But at least I got up, out of my bed and did something. I think that's the better option...better than nothing. Not as good as last week, but good to come back and reflect.