Friday, 8 April 2016

Wait and Weight

It's been five weeks now since I've run. It's been five weeks since I've been able walk properly. I had my review today. I have to wait another three, have another review, and then I'll be told if I can start. Jeez. And in that time, I'm still using my crutch to enable me to walk. I know people, literally, with real mobility issues which makes mine a mere irritation, but seriously, next time you see someone with a crutch, give them a thought. You're a hand down, limited what you can carry, everything is an obstacle, wether it's getting through a door, crossing a road, sitting at a table...

...getting into your car, going to the toilet, stabbing back pains down one side...it's all a massive arse. And there's the actual pain in my foot. I'm embarressed to admit I have launched it across the room once or twice in rage. It's massively frustrating beyond words and pathetically disabling when all you're trying to do is regular stuff. I'm thankful my issue is minor and temporary. At least I'm getting out. I'm officially allowed to cycle, which is just as well, and again, that sense of liberation and freedom is something else! And I'm still in the gym. I need to, have to, must.

I can't stop eating, and with no real exercise, a balance is required else I'll start getting a bit cuddly. It's quiet when I go, empty in fact. I have a small routine going. It's nothing heroic or worthy. I'm no gym bunny, but already I'm finding my groove, trying bigger weights, extra resistance and so on. In general, I have no strength. Lean and slender, is my reply, to stabs of skinny and lanky. I'm trying to do my best, do the right thing in a sea of 'I told you so', and 'why are you doing it like that'. I just want my mobility back.