My bum is a bit sore, despite applying that 'ass cream' stuff. I'm not really sure of the correct application procedure, but it's certainly a private moment. I'm sure there's some benefit, aside from that curious cooling 'burn'. Nonetheless, this is a consequence of a 100 mile weekend on my bike...or bikes. It's a little like my swimming; I can do 5 lengths, but only with stopping 3 times. So although it isn't what real cyclers would call a 'Century', I'm happy with my effort, even if it was done in 3 chunks.
I currently have a view where I can see Macc Forest from my window. It's a place I often drive to to run, and indeed start a ride. And last night as the sun was setting, it was illuminated in a kind of 'come hither' way. So this morning, I cycled there...and did a ride. And as I sat up at the top of Trentabank Reserviour, looking back over towards my window, I felt kind of satisfied. And totally buggered! That's not a saddle related issue, that's only just revealing itself now, I mean my legs were far from fresh.
I managed to make a loop out of it, as I'm not an 'out and back' fan, something that might stem from my Dads insistence on always taking what he'd describe as the pretty way home...and my stubbornness in making sure I'd get back having covered a satisfactory mileage that took me over the weekend ton. Ridiculously petty, but actually very necessary. And it's now clear my arse has taken a beating, even after having accidentally sat on my last banana that I'd been saving for my return. But that's another story.
Bacon was a welcome banana substitute, and as I sat at my cafe, almost basking in full sun, but still only just above freezing, a lady came by and asked me I'd look after her dog while she went and...and I wasn't really listening, but heard myself say yes. And neither did I look at her face and for all I know I gave the dog back to a complete stranger. The dog managed to completely ignore me, making the briefest of eye contact with a look that suggested I should mind my own business. Clever, I thought. The bacon was good.



