I felt my phone buzz, just gone 6.00am as I'm entering the Carrs. Decided to look as I don't really get that many messages at that time of the morning. It was Steve...he who doesn't speak. You know how it is, when you get a message before you read the actual message, you sort of second guess the content. He's an early starter and knows I am too. Thought he may have seen the morning like I had and was up for a run. I was kind of preparing myself to divert and meet up. But no...it was this photo...from his work. "Morning".
The sun was just up, but in the Carrs, still a little obscured from the trees and its natural setting in the Bollin Valley. I could see the tops of the trees were bathed in fresh orange light, but the paths still capped in heavy morning fog. I wanted to reply but didn't have the 'words'. Then at the bottom car park, I could see the sun had poked through. Sure, a few meters to the left or right, it was still a misty monochrome morning...but stood here, just here, the effect was amazing. Sun beams burning through the haze between the trees. "Morning" I replied.

