As with any run with James, there's a lot of chatter about what each of us is wearing. We do eventually get round to discussing power tools and girls...never football, obviously...but he likes to analyse stuff. It was raining, but relatively warm. I was wearing a hat and shorts, he was wearing meggings and no hat, each suggesting the other had made an epic fail. One thing for sure, though, we were both not sporting waterproof jackets or tops. More like a mobile sponge. It seems all of my and James's jackets do not perform as advertised.
Expensive Gore or cheapo Aldi, they all either let water in, or don't let the sweat out, the latter possibly being the bigger problem, and the associated washing. At our stop,for coffee, a bunch of Alderely cyclists were gathering for the beginjng of their ride. Showing a complete lack of interest for their shiny bikes, all we could muster was 'ooooh, what's he wearing' admiring their jackets as we stood there dripping at the counter. I don't mind being wet...so long as I'm warm. As Guy Martin once said...'skin is basically waterproof'.

