Sunday, 19 April 2015

Wellbeing

Monday running around was a double header. A crisp frosty morning hard to resist and the usual evening PCR with the boys. Even James said he was coming...but text with a minute to go to say he wasn't. Something to do with work, as in he was actually working. We felt it important to register our disapproval, though I think the subtleties of this were lost on him. To be fair, he's been having a shit time at work, Chris too trying to keep his business going, and Steve...just off a 12 hour shift at the airport, had little joy to add to the moment.

We're all still smiling though...just, but it could be worse. Spare a thought for 'American Pete' who only came 3rd in his age group US National qualification tri last weekend. "Oh fucking hell, his life's as good as over" guffawed Jason when I broke the news to him before we settled on discussing the more important issues of the day, namely the colour of his new van. "Claret" I was corrected when suggesting it looked a bit purple. I like a van and have long had an urge to dip my toe in that particular pool. But not a pink one.

I've had a 45+ mile week, and I can't really put my finger on any particular highlights. 'Just a run'. I don't like to think of my running being like that. It's important to me! Anyway...I've been adding a bit more road to my miles. There's less to see and enjoy, though the roadside daffs have been looking fantastic on these sunny mornings. I've been taking less photos, and those I have taken have been on the hoof...and largely unsuccessful. I'm trying to find a balance between fitness and wellbeing in my running.