Monday, 30 March 2015

Wreck

It's cold. Not a complaint, just an observation. Whereas last week, it was sunny, looked warm but cold, today was just cold. And windy. And wet. Ideal for a run in the Peak District, then. Up to Kinder from Rowarth. Wind and rain in your face...raw! Something very fresh and liberating about this. I don't come up here much, but it's such a short drive away, it's an untapped running nirvana for me. But then this is home to local hard types...Pennine. It's Kinder Downfall Fell Race in a few weeks!

 

Earlier in the week, running was a bit more 'Cheshire'! Still cold, but more picture postcard in its presentation. I read a funny column in the paper about the difference between road runners and off roaders. Not funny ha ha. Maybe it's like cycling, or skiers and boarders, but I don't get it. I just like running, and variety is everything. It keeps it fresh and keeps your head up high, so you see where you are and where you're going. Head was literally in the clouds this morning, but everything was clear.

 

I saw a thing up on Kinder. The site of a plane wreck. 'The' it was referenced as, as in 'the' plane wreck. There was an old radial engine, bits of wings. WWII, apparently. You could see the pistons and everything. Some of it eaten away by the elements, or taken away by decades of passers by. But some bits were left in incredible detail. Really very surreal to see that up there. So when I got home, a touch curious, I googled. Kinder Plane Wreck...and it seems the place is littered with them. Amazing. And sad.