It's been a transitional week, in many respects. The lighter mornings and evenings have drawn my own attention to what I'm wearing along with a change in temperature. I say temperature, what I really mean is blues skies, specifically the ones that look warm, but aren't. So the meggins have been ditched for the shorts, not consciously. It seems the legs are fine, but it's still so cold in the mornings that I had trouble making my mouth work the other day when ordering my coffee.
I couldn't really understand why I thought shorts were reasonable. Getting my legs out has also coincided with the Spring Solstice, itself falling on the Eclipse. I was up on the Edge when the Eclipse happened. Had I not known, it's easy to think you may have missed it. But it was an eerie 10 mins or so. The sun was high and clear, and shadows sharp on the ground, but then it was as if someone had hit the dimmer switch and turned the heat off. Cars went by with their headlights on. It was just a bit odd...but truly amazing.
It's been a week of watching the sky for me. The sun has had a 'look' about it each morning and evening, otherworldly...think Tatooine, and I've been trying with amazing success at failing to capture what I see with my camera. It's just been so big and orange, and even Chris has noticed, sending me his own crap photos. There's something very uniting about all this. Even 'Stargazing Live' has had an appeal this week! Not something I've usually set a reminder for. And I've loved running around in it all.
Thursday was a monotone morning of note...and quite a sight. Down by The Mill, a thick fog hung over the pool, itself still in the early morning, leaving it difficult to distinguish where the reflection started. Yet the sun was trying hard for most of the morning to make itself known, adding a curious back-lit stage to the gloomy foreground. It's not much for any training I may or may not be doing, as I stop every 5 minutes or so to take yet more photographs. I'm not even sure I could keep up with the dog walkers some mornings.
At the stroke of 10.30 this morning, I was stood at the Posh Nosh van at Macc Forrest, having run Shuttlingsloe and Teggs Nose. The morning was cool and not a breath of wind. Ideal for those starting the Wilmslow Half. I must admit to feeling a bit grumpy about it all. But I was better here than there. It was such a still morning. I sat for an age at the top of Shuttlingsloe, listening to a vast openess of nothing. It seems most of the boys and girls did well. A day for pb's, it seems. Next year...maybe!




