Friday, 6 March 2015

Mini Break

Not much running, not much to write about in that sense. I committed that hideous of all running crimes this week. I took my running shoes on a mini break. I mean, it was a work trip for me, but they just came along for the ride. I could claim I have man flu. I have, obviously. I did actually get my kit on one morning while I was away, but sat on the end of my bed, and eventually got back into bed in full attire. It felt weird...but kind of good! I think that's another story for another time, though.

 

I did run last weekend. The 'back' was certainly giving me a bit of grief until I stopped, randomly I thought, but I noticed a couple of things. A curious stone pillar on the side of the road I've never seen before. I didn't want to stop, my running's been full of stop start recently. But I did. And then I noticed that my back actually felt fine. And by and large, it's remained as such since. Could I have mashed it back in to shape, finally run off a niggle? I doubt it. I know it's not right, but it's better.

 

The days are getting better too. Lighter in both the mornings and the evenings. Everything is becoming illuminated. The once gleaming white mighty Golf appears to be nearly black. My grass is looking quite green and like it may need a trim anytime soon. Maybe not this weekend. I'm sensing a gentle ride out on my bike...on the assumption I can keep my tyres inflated. I've gone 'tubeless', just for the record. Nothing more to say about that, for now. But there's a sense of Spring. And I'm happy about that.