A running appointment of note slipped by off the radar last weekend. Such is the fun we endure on our ritualistic Shuttlingsloe Christmas Eve Sunrise run, we, Chris Pete James and I, added a mid year Inaugural Shuttlinsgloe Summer Solstice Sunset run. Catchy! The vision was be up top as the sun sets and share a moment. Then the pub. With each of us out of the country, there was no mention of this whatsoever, despite me posting a calendar event directly to their diaries. It's not a date I forgot, my Dad's birthday. He'd celebrate by announcing in his cheery way 'winter draws on' while we were all still waiting for Summer to arrive. Oh how we laughed! Still, I was up good and early to see the sun rise, albeit over a wall from the hotel, and passed a thought. Birthdays seem to be on the agenda currently, for one reason and another and I have to be honest...I'm struggling a little. A period for reflection and celebration. Hmmm.
