Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Chocolate Milk

Let's cut to the chase. Frijj Fudge Brownie Milkshake is not Frijj Chocolate Milkshake. It's second best, and although that's a pretty good booby prize, it's not what I want, or indeed need. Frijj Chocolate Milkshake, Thick & Smooth, that is the appointment. You see, I've just done a speed session with the Glasgow Achilles Heel running group again...as I'm in the area. And I'm busted. And I need a Frijj Chocolate Milkshake, Thick & Smooth. But the Co-op didn't have one, and neither did Sainsburys local. Cock.

I like this running group. But I run in my club, with people I know, we do what we do and in places we like to do it. It's just running, isn't it. But in this group, and I'm sure in others too, it's somehow different. Refreshing, enthusiastic sort of different. How can it be like thus and give off such a alternative vibe. My issues tonight were first I had to run 3 miles to get there, then mistook the 4x1 mile lap set for 4x1 mile reps, horrified as I came in on the first lap at mile pace to see them carry on...no rest. Then I had to run back...on top of my own club speed session last night.

This was up on the Edge, in Alderley. I can't express how lucky we are to have this as a place we can train. It was raining, the Mountain Rescue were up there also doing some kind of training exercises. And we just ran around in circles, having fun...I think, though it's hard to tell amidst the coughing, gobbing and general gasping for breath noises most seem to be making the end of the session. It's a funny sport. I'm sat here broken, everything aching. All I want is a Chocolate Milk.