My knee's been hurting a bit. I say this in defiance of using the term 'injury'. And I mention this, as an aside from avoiding other terms of irritating running vocabulary, as to be injured would suggest I have done something. In fact, I have done very little. Chris has a term that describes this...I have been recording a healthy run of CBA's recently. Can't Be Arsed. Add that to your Glossary! I have certainly ramped down, i.e. 'let go of', my recent spritely form, and have tried to rationalise why.
I've converted circumstance, meaning holidays, work, and so on, into a period of 'what I like to call' extended recovery. Deep down, I suspect Chris may be right. Other discussions have suggested it could be my recent flu jab, where I queued with the aged and needy for my annual dead arm, and therefore have been feeling a little under the weather. Or it could be the actual weather. There's been plenty of that. Whatever, I've been doing much less of late.
Therefore, I was proper miffed to wake one morning and have this almighty knocking in my left knee when walking up stairs. I live in a house where medical terminology dominates by day, but is banned at all other times...hence my avoidance of other colloquial references. Besides, 'knocking' is what it was doing. Now, if I shared my home with a painter and decorator, our house would be the house in the street in the greatest state of disrepair. But I don't.
As such, it seems I have to leave the house and pay for my own physiotherapy services elsewhere! And so I went to Physio Wayne with a volley of, 'but I've been doing really very little, hardly any running, a nice relaxing holiday...and now I have...what they like to call...an injury'. I knew the answer, he knew the answer. I've completely stopped stretching. So, that's been a bit of an own goal. I didn't do Langley yesterday. Went for a run with James earlier instead, and then we went to cheer with Joe for those who did.
I was thanked wholeheartedly by many for my enthusiastic and motivating support on the route. I think I have found the secret to good cheering, and that is simply to not feel an idiot by repeating the the same line to everyone. They only hear it once, but after the tenth time, you start to feel a bit of a tit. The rain held off for them, but not for me this morning. Drenched. Amused by the new production on at the Leisure Centre this month. '...what a wonderful feeling... '

