'Tool' not 'cool' is the word to describe how I look with a tache. Therefore, Movember has not been for me. I am however growing a beard. Who am I kidding...have you ever heard such nonsense? What I'm really doing is not shaving. I'm doing nothing. Sure, there's a little bit of maintenance, nothing I could refer to as grooming, but essentially I'm being a lazy arse. Same with my training. There are other issues, nibbling away at my self esteem.
I've always been a 'lanky streak of piss/skinny bastard' as I'm affectionately referred to by those close to me, but I'm carrying a couple of extra kilos, and these are friends I'd rather not have. I weigh myself daily each morning, not obsessively, simply routinely, and have noticed a slow almost imperceptible increase since after the End to End trip. This week my weight crossed a threshold. It matters not to others what that is, but to me it does and it has to stop here.
So what best way to address these issues? Shopping. Pretending I need new trainers, suggesting I lie even to myself, I went with Chris to Tony's and have come away with a pair of yellow ones. They're very comfy and I'm happy...my kind of product review! I've also booked in with Wayne to have my mechanicals checked over and tomorrow is Conwy Half...I'm running, but not racing. Although our last 'Summer Series' race, for me, this is an event, not a race.
So there we are. Things are looking up, confirmed today by a wonderful morning, frosty sunshine, blue skies and mist in the dips. Light playing tricks over the by-pass and a fresh fall of vibrant coloured leaves covering those darker ones already fallen, this was a short but motivating run that lifted my mood. This time of year, I've usually succumb to my habitual pre Christmas injury. I feel like I'm on thin ice once again and injury is giving me a beckoning finger. Desperate not to go there.


