My good friend Joe (aged 4 and three quarters!) has just had his first half term break ever from proper school and is also back from a fun weeks hols somewhere nice. Back to work for me also. Monday morning blues through the generations! But this weekend was spent with a school friend whom I've known for 39 years. Her birthday. A big one, and much reflection. And consumption. Staying in Baslow, a run to, through and beyond Chatsworth House was good preparation for a heavy evenings reminiscing.
A spectacular late afternoon run, the sun lighting up the newly gilded facade, looking a little like a bad fake tan application, the news was of impending storms. And so it was, perhaps this was it. Summers end. The clocks have gone back, so really that's that. Preparation for the birthday bash had me in M&S looking at strapless bras. A bit of a Father Ted moment, but stumbled upon this dramatic wardrobe malfunction. Had to be photographed! With the changing weather, I'm in danger of my own inappropriate dress code.
The last days of my hols included a run up to Shutts again. There was still blue sky and sunshine, but also gloves. Now there is wind and rain and time to dig out the winter running gear. I don't know what that really means. I don't own definitive items for running. I just add more. Right or wrong, but I'll have to learn again that knack of predicting how you'll feel 3 miles down the road, rather than how you'll feel once you've stepped out of the door. I've made that mistake before.


