I've not much to add regarding my own running around last week. I kind of conclude this by the obvious lack of photographs I have to illustrate whatever it is I'm going on about. Last week was about picking up from where I left off. Circuits class on Monday left me with screaming abs (or ab - singular) and defective arms by Wednesday. Crunches and press-ups, not a runners strength. Tuesday Run Club speed session was a shock.
A shock like jumping in to a ice cold plunge pool after a long hot shower type of shock. A curious combination of hyperventilating and startled, yet breathless and broken. Thursday was kinder, meaning any lack of performance was masked by the fact the session was easier due to the impending Congleton Half Marathon this weekend. Ah yes, and Congleton. A beautiful sunny still Sunday morning and some excellent racing with a host of pb's for this Cheshire Road Race GP decider.
I didn't run, of course. Opted out under the guise of not being match fit. Still unsure whether that really means I couldn't be arsed, but I was there to support our team either way. I've not really mentioned the fact that this year I was given the role of mens Team Captain for Wilmslow. Unlike the ladies, this has nothing to do with merit. Di is both Captain and fastest woman. I merely coerce, administer and engage fellow team members to turn up and support the championship races.
Today, we lost the trophy by 12 points, that is 12 points from a total of 2700 ish, in other words a very fine margin. Surely I could have done something, better planning, more notice to get just one more runner to the start line over the course of the season. And I contributed nothing to those points, as the one race where I was a counter, the 6th and last man, that race got dropped, being our worse race. Only scores from the best 5 races count.
So, you see...I'm feeling less than enthused about myself. The dearth of photographs, however, could also be due to my failure to fully welcome the new IOS7 upgrade to my phone and it's pukey Fisher Price colour scheme graphics matched with 50 Shades of Grey text. But that's another story. One things for sure...it's time for a holiday and to get those batteries re-charged. Though it's only just October, it feels a like a seasons end. There's plenty of the year left yet, but I feel a fresh chapter beginning.


