Sunday, 3 March 2013

Three Legs Better Than Two

Life has been getting in the way of running this week. Not in a bad way, but as I write this, I can't really recall my total mileage, so must take a moment to reflect...34 miles. That's less than last week. But a full day is missing from the schedule. A most favourable alternative to  my Thursday run was Pete's Gentleman's Culture Night. A top night of good wine and food...and listening to Jon! Friday was a write off. But then he did exclusively hire out the Cheshire Smokehouse for just the five of us. Nice.

I managed a gentle ParkRun on Saturday, nothing sparky as I think I was really still recovering from Thursday and also I was saving myself for the Cloud today. And how was that? Well, on the whole I'd have to say I'm quite pleased. 'Measured' is a word I'd use. There was some good racing and swapping places with club combatants, and also some holding back in an attempt to manage my overall effort. Good placing though and a great scenic route on the odd occasion I looked up. And so the Club Summer Series has started. 

Fittingly the sun came out today and there was actual heat in the air. Of the many moments of indecision that ramp up on a race day morning, what to wear was one of them. Missing was 'James-7 weeks to London' and his perpetual 'oooh, you're not wearing that are you?' comments that do little to help critical decision making. But today I chose wisely. a vest. But Chris has chosen the wisest of all.  A new 3 legged stool kept permanently in his car to help with his shoes. We all looked on enviously. Feet seem so far away after a race!