I remember thinking 'did I charge my head my head torch or not?' The answer was evident about 6 miles in, or more precise, about 3 miles to go. Whoomph...darkness. Well not quite, but on to 'limp home' mode which left a trickle of light to navigate with. It certainly put a spring in my step tonight as did a crippling bout of stomach cramps. Couldn't get my running shoes off quick enough when I got home! I forgot to add, last week was 42 miles, should you be counting!
More miles this week, but in what direction are they heading? 'Diversion' suggested the surprise footpath sign I stumbled upon tonight. Last night was medals, T-shirts and mugs presentation night from last years Summer Series. I won a medal, 3rd for something or other, I'd have to go check to be more accurate. It wasn't my best season...injury and all that! But what the occasion really marked is that this weekend is the first race of the 2013 Summer Series. Cloud 9. Clue in the title. And so it begins again. Where will it take us?
