I don't know if I'm a modern man; I do squirt some moisturiser on after a shave, and that might be about it. But yesterday I was left wondering if this was how a dermal skin peel or full face botox might feel. Running for 12 miles into a strong head wind laced with granular snow gave me a kind of facial paralysis that left me feeling, if not looking like someone who'd just been spun round in one of those NASA centrifuges. Unflattering! It was a penetrating cold that no amount of sweaty effort or forced gurning could combat.
8 min/miles was all I could do, and even then after I scaled down my effort, i.e. a change of strategy to suit my ability, rather than my plan...and hence effectively managing my disappointment, I just perpetually felt like walking. I did squeeze another ParkRun PB on Saturday, 19.37 5k in the mud, so was pleased with that, but guess it must have taken something out of my legs. ParkRun and meat products are becoming thoughts I can no longer disassociate from each other, but the sausage and/or bacon butty at Coffee Fix is right on the money after a ParkRun. 48 miles for the week.
8 min/miles was all I could do, and even then after I scaled down my effort, i.e. a change of strategy to suit my ability, rather than my plan...and hence effectively managing my disappointment, I just perpetually felt like walking. I did squeeze another ParkRun PB on Saturday, 19.37 5k in the mud, so was pleased with that, but guess it must have taken something out of my legs. ParkRun and meat products are becoming thoughts I can no longer disassociate from each other, but the sausage and/or bacon butty at Coffee Fix is right on the money after a ParkRun. 48 miles for the week.