Wednesday, 20 February 2013

No Headlines

If I were Catholic, a horse lover, Coronation Street devotee or a factory worker in Chelyabinsk, last week would have been 'news rich' shall we say. But only one headline grasped me by the throat, held me tight and dropped me into the abyss that is the unavoidable truth, and that was the one regarding Oscar Pistorius. You have your own opinion. Aside from respect to his girlfriends family, there is massive emotional wreckage among those who idolise and have been  truly inspired by him, namely the Paralympic movement in which I work.

Moving on, or 'moving forwards', as my boss and an increasing number of seemingly ordinary people  are starting to say, I had a good week of running last week. Behind on my blogging, and I have 46 miles of running to report on from last week. I'll spare you the details, but will just add to the record that I shaved a few more seconds off my ParkRun on Saturday for which I felt appropriate to reward myself with an awesome Eggs Benedict breakfast from Coffee Fix. That's 3 weeks in a row now that Chris and I have adopted the approach of 'we came, we ran, we eat heartily'!

Sunday I took a long early run out on the by-pass yet again, but this time diverted up Artists Lane and then along to the Edge. The beauty of the moment is that I was alone with not a cloud in the blue sky. I can't conclude that this has been my best week of running around, but certainly my longest for some time. More importantly, I think, I've been good with my stretching routine. Yes, I can feel a few aches and pains, but these are gone by the morning. And that's really all I have to report. Yes there is more, but I lack the energy to find a worthy headline.