So once you've got to Alderely Village, instead of turning left and up the 'hill' to the Wizard, you keep straight on and out towards Nether Alderley. The last time I ran out this way was during the winter months and it was under the dim light of my headtorch. Eventually you'll get to the bottom of Artists Lane, left and a steady climb up to the Wizard this way instead. It's a quiet road, but night or day, I feel I need eyes in my arse to make sure I don't get run over, else you end up in the ditch...again. And the puddle of mudd. The hill is long, undulating, but essentially gentle, depending on your pace. It eventually levels out and round the last bend you see the pub ahead and the top. From here it's back down the hill into the village and home. It's a good route, possible to add or shorten as you go, but either way, the hill is a hill, and hills and running being what they are, it's a challenge, and hence a calling. Irrespective of your fitness, this is achievable. You can do it.
One of the features of the new FR610 I was attracted by is the slightly bigger screen and the option to have four data fields. I had this on my old 305, time, distance, pace and average pace. Perfect. So with these options set, off I went. In my experimental post earlier this evening, you see nice big clear numbers, but in fact what I could see on the run is pretty well what you here...bugger all. I'm happy(ish) to accept my eyes may not be great, but I just couldn't make out a single figure. Everything's so blurry. So I think for racing in the future (if) I'll just go for two data fields, pace and average pace, and for normal running I'll wait and see what comes as I find useful. It also vibrates, every mile or whatever you chose. I thought this was a good way to negate the need for a distance reading. Yes, they can be set audibly also, but even my mobile phone is always on silent, I hate any noise from gadgets like this. But as with all things running, you set off alert and sharp, and very soon loose all mental capacity to count beyond 5. There, it's just vibrated...was that 5 miles or 6. Seems like 6, must be 6, lets stop and check...focus...find light button, ah, 4 miles. Excellent!
But it's good to have my run routes back again into Garmin Connect. I don't know why, or what I learn. Yes, that's where I went, yes, this confirms I ran here and then over there. And look, it seems I spent a long time at the bottom of Artists Lane, gazing up at the sky, feeling vulnerable and hoping the threatened storms will ease...or something like that.