Sunday, 6 November 2016

Important

I did the parkrun yesterday with a mate from work. I wasn't down to be the RD, so was 'free'. Bed would've been a great option really. I'd been away for a few days and was bushed. Aj does a bit of running and had once registered for parkrun before, so last week I offered for him to come down to the park. He agreed...and didn't falter. We both decided we were just going to 'run'...steady. Then we were off and it was clear he was on a mission. I paced him round, picking off runners one by one. Despite every other week I tell all parkrunners 'have fun, it's only a run', everyone takes it seriously. Very seriously. The determination on Aj's face as he approaches the finish say it all. This was important. Applauding from behind, I was really happy for him. Maximum effort.