I've been trying to arrange a run, up at Petes in High Wray. He's the decency to accept and welcome 4 grubby mates, run us up Hill and down Dale, feed us breakfast, and then we're on our way back. I was going to say...the only issue is the time we are setting off. I'd suggested 5.00am, but was haggled to 06.00am. But in fact it seems everything is an issue. 'Why so early, why do we have to run, the weather is shit, why do we have to go at all'. I'm again reasonably confident that on the way home, we will have had an unexpected adventure.
Right now however, I'm not so sure. I know it's just banter, but honestly... This morning, I watched the sun rise up on the Edge, looking through the trees as the silhouette of Shuttlingsloe presented itself for those who were there to see it. Me! Above the fog, the woods were glowing a ferrous red, an Autumnal espresso of colour. It's moments like these I'm compelled to share. Morning coffee tastes better after a run like this, bacon better still. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, but now feel the burden of responsibility looming.

