Sunday, 27 November 2016

An Unexpected Adventure!

Adventure comes in many forms, it seems. It doesn't have to be heroic personal achievements, pushing envelopes and comfort zones. This morning, adventure came on a plate. I have not eaten like this in ages. Treated like Kings, 5 mediocre runners who had run not very far, or indeed very well sat down to a veritable feast of breakfasty wonderment. This was why we came to Pete and Jo's...and boy, did they deliver. Food just kept coming out of the Aga, with tea and juice and ...oh my word, this was a treat. Adventure...it's never about the run.

 

But the run was great also. It was a long way to go, 100 miles each direction at 06.00am for an 8 mile run in some trees. But they weren't any old trees. They were Pete's virtual back garden. He commentated, we listened. But then there was the banter of the journey, Matt's unexpected timeliness, James's perpetual dithering about what to wear, Chris's constant coughing and spluttering like he'd just inhaled a fly...and Pete's warm hospitality. Me, I'm not sure what I added, except the will to make it happen. I finished my plate and said thank you for having me...happy to have brought this group of friends together.