Tuesday, 5 July 2016

Light at the End of the Tunnel?

I remember now why I used to keep my shoes outside. It's been dry, no wet or truly muddy runs since I've been back on my feet. Not like in winter. My shoes have lived indoors. Clean. Until today. A solo training session again, but I found a real shocking, gloopy and remote place to go. There was a long dark tunnel and I had second thoughts about heading inside. It stank, water or something dripping from the vaulted roof, a couple of working lights not quite illuminating the path...but I was committed and I ran through until I saw daylight ahead.

 

I'd rather not come here to do my training, and it's unlikely I'll continue, but my sense of emasculation is overwhelming. And so too was the stench in my car, seemingly after leaving my sodden shoes in an enclosed hot space for an hour or two. My word, what a stink. They're in the garden now. Even the birds seem to be giving them a wide birth. I don't have an immediate solution for wet shoe storage, other than the garden. I'm not so sure it's going to be an issue. If it wasn't for an enjoyable run out with the boys last night, I'd be tempted to call it a day.